I can't seem to remember to post. Maybe I should mark some blogging days on my calendar...?
Anyways, yesterday I was having a hard time drawing a Venn diagram. Venn diagrams are two overlapping circles, and you use them to show similarities and differences - you write similarities where the circles overlap, and differences in the parts that don't overlap. Well, I can't draw circles for the life of me, so yesterday I thought, 'forget it, I'll try again tomorrow with the compass from my math set'. So today I got out my compass. First I looked in my nice, newer math set, but I didn't have the kind of compass with the bracket for holding a pencil, so I had to use my cheap, purple plastic math set. And guess what happened?
The pencil wouldn't fit.
Yes, my purple compass's pencil bracket wouldn't open wide enough for the pencil that came with it to fit in it. So I tried with my double-pointed compass, but that didn't really work (I think they're more for lines and triangles in geometry), so I decided to use just the pencil and wing it. And it turned out okay. The circles weren't perfect, but the diagram worked okay, which is what matters.
I have some diabolical knitting plans (hehe ;P), but dinner's ready so I can't list them right now. Basically, I want to finish some stuff and start some stashbusters.
Bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment