Monday, September 20, 2010

Blaaarrrgggh

I couldn't come up with a clever title, so there you go.

My teeth on my right side are hurting a bit. I think it's from chewing a very tough candy, or from brushing too hard. Or maybe both. I'm trying not to poke at my teeth too much, but I'm like a little kid picking at a scab :p

I think I might refine a short story I started a while ago and try sending it in to a magazine. I sent a short story to a magazine for a theme contest, but it didn't get accepted. I still want to put my writing out there, though. It can't hurt to try, right?

Actually, I managed to remember to work from a writing prompt in the special issue of Writer's Digest that I got from Indigo. One of the articles is a year's worth of writing prompts, and the idea is to do one prompt a week. I got kinda lazy and only did a handful (some of the prompts just didn't spark anything), but a few days ago I wrote a few paragraphs. Pretty awesome, I think.

I did some GED work today. Actually, I think I got a fair bit done in the essays chapter. I'm doing exercises on paragraphs, and I wrote two practice paragraphs, did a quiz on which sentences in the example paragraphs were unnecessary, and an exercise on finding main ideas in paragraphs. The only one I'm unsure of is the main ideas practice, because there weren't any answers so I was like, "Wait, did I get that right?"

I watched the first two episodes of season four of Doc Martin and worked on my Ravenclaw scarf this afternoon. I probably should finish the Calorimetry though :p

No comments: