Thursday, June 24, 2010

Footie fever

I watched Japan's match against Denmark today, and they won 3-1!!! So now they advance to the Round of 16 :D

I'm thinking about doing a timeline post soon. I saw a post like that on one of my Ravelry friends' blogs and thought, hey, I should do one. After all, there are many karate and Girl Guides/Brownies/Sparks stories I haven't told.

I've been thinking about Guides lately. I was a Spark for one year, a Brownie for two, and a Guide for one. The only reason I didn't go back for my second year of Guides was because the group was very small and disorganized - it was hard to get any badge work approved by a leader, because they only did an organized badge work 'judging' once in a while. And if I had gone back for a second year, I wouldn't have joined karate and met Holly, so I'm glad I didn't go back.

I do want to work on putting the rest of my badges on my Brownie and Guide sashes, though. I still have a handful for each sash that haven't been sewn on yet, and I should practice sewing anyway. I have to look in my mom's sewing box for thread, though, because I don't have any spools of my own. Either that, or I'll go to Len's or Fabricland to get a few colours of thread - I imagine there may be a 'starter kit' of thread.

That's all. See ya!

No comments: