Wednesday, December 16, 2009

9 days 'til Christmas...

...And I haven't gotten anything for Dan yet. eep! Mom says we can shop for him Friday morning, because Dad doesn't have work that day.

I went shopping with Dad on Monday, because we needed to buy stuff for Mom. I won't say what we got for her (my blog is linked to my Ravelry page, and though she doesn't snoop, I don't want her accidentally stumbling upon this!), but I will say that we had a good laugh and went out for lunch afterwards at Kelsey's. I had a bacon cheeseburger, which was really good. I had gravy with my fries, and that was good, too. Not overly salty like at Jack Astor's.

I got Nathan a hamburger patty maker thing, and I got Steph a bag of Ghiradelli chocolate squares. I didn't know what else to get him because Nathan was being so difficult. He wanted Warhammer stuff and 'anything nerd or video game related, you know what I like'. Idiot.

Funny thing happened yesterday. I had put bold-point Sharpies on my Christmas list, so Grandpa called yesterday to ask what kind I would like. Who knew that he could be somewhat considerate?

Last night I was barely tired, so I got out the library's copy of the first Vampire Diaries omnibus and read about a page. Mouse was chasing a mouse, so I read while kitty was catching supper. What pissed me off was that Smiles heard her and kept barking. She was so loud that Mom had to yell at her. This was at around ten minutes to two in the morning.

I've done all my shopping except for Dan, and all my wrapping except for Mom and Dan. I might get Dan a scarf from Winners, because I don't have time to knit him one. Unless I make him a neckwarmer. But I'd rather not endure the stress of knitting for someone. The Clapotis has been stressful enough. Not that I wouldn't knit for Dan, it's just too late to do that.

No comments: