That's what I'd like to know, 'cause I'm pretty damn sure my computer is possessed by a demon that likes to screw around with power switches.
So, Thanksgiving is all sorted out. For anyone who is thinking, "What? Thanksgiving isn't 'til November!", the Canadian Thanksgiving Day is in October. A tad confusing, perhaps, but eh. Anyways, it's gonna be at Grandma and Grandpa's house, because Grandpa built a ramp for Grandma's wheelchair, so it's a lot easier than having it elsewhere. Aunt Patti is cooking the turkey (oh noes! bad, bad idea! I will explain in a moment), Mom's making dessert, Katie's making potatoes (using Mom's potato casserole recipe, which Grandpa doesn't like, but too effing bad, it's not all about him!), and Uncle Brent is bringing veggies.
Now, my Aunt Patti is, well, how should I put it... a very mediocre cook. Once upon a time, my parents were over at her place for a brunch of some kind, and Dad took one bite of a biscuit and spat it right out. She said she had put baking soda in them instead of baking powder. WTF. Legend has it that she also 'burnt water' - how she managed that is beyond me, but Mom says it's impossible to burn water. That's why I plan on bringing some chewable Pepto-Bismol tablets, just in case her turkey is many kinds of wrong. I also plan on bringing a book, just in case I get terribly bored. Hopefully Nathan won't get stuck in the kitchen cooking appetizers in the oven again, like at Grandma's birthday party that was also her and Grandpa's anniversary party.
I was thinking of making gyoza to bring, but I don't think anyone would eat them.
I will be very pissed if that Lorraine chick is there.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My grandma can burn water... it's scary
Post a Comment