It snowed last night :)
It was just a dusting at that point, so I was hoping it wouldn't melt in the morning. I woke up this morning and saw a bit more than a dusting when I looked through the living room window, so I was pretty happy about that. Hopefully the weather will be seasonable for Christmas, because last December I didn't get to wear any of the scarves I've made.
In honor of the snow, I give you: 'Walking in the Air', from The Snowman...
I really should find that movie on DVD. Our VHS tape of it won't last forever, and not many TV stations play it over the holidays.
Speaking of TV, this Christmas will be the first Christmas that we've had AMC and TCM. My mom and I watched Meet Me in St. Louis on Saturday, which was nice. And yesterday afternoon we caught the last twenty minutes or so of The Bishop's Wife. I'm hoping to be able to watch A Child's Christmas in Wales, but I don't know if it'll be on TV - sometimes a channel like Knowledge Network or TVO will have it on, but it isn't always on every year. TVO and Knowledge Network are kind of like PBS stations in Canada - they're commercial-free and often have educational programming.
Yesterday afternoon, after we watched The Bishop's Wife, I found one of my favourite Christmas movies, All I Want For Christmas, on YTV. After that was Call Me Claus, which I watched the last half of (I had gone on my computer when it started); and then after that was Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.
In knitting news, I'm halfway through my bobble pillow :) I finished the bobble half, and now I'm doing garter stitch for the back half of the pillow - which will be a lot easier on my hands. The bobble side took so long to get through, and my hands hurt from knitting the bobbles in acrylic on metal needles, but the pain was worth it. Now I can zip through the rest of it.
I watched Jonah Hex the other day. It was good - I wasn't totally wowed by it, but it was good. I still have another library DVD, Driving Lessons, to watch. I might watch it tonight if there isn't anything on TV tonight. Or we also have plenty of Christmas movies to watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment