I'm very, very happy, because it's October and I'm not wearing shorts.
For the past few Octobers, it's been so warm that I've worn shorts until Halloween. I wish I were kidding, but I'm not. One time when we had my uncle and cousins up for Thanksgiving dinner, we had to put the AC on. No word of a lie.
Well, Thanksgiving has come around again, and this year I am wearing track pants and a fleecy cardigan. We even had to put on the furnace. It's kind of awesome.
If it's this cool outside in the fall, winter might actually be wintery. We didn't get a lot of snow last winter, until around January when we got dumped on for a day or so. (I remember this well, because I had to shovel snow off the sidewalks and driveway.) But after that, we didn't get much snow. I'm hoping, as always, for a white Christmas. Sounds like a cliche, but it's true. One year I wore a hoodie on Christmas Eve to go buy our traditional breakfast of cannoli for Christmas Day with Dad. Granted, the hoodie I wore is very warm, but it's a hoodie nonetheless. (I believe I also wore the same hoodie about a week before Christmas, when I walked with my mom to go shopping for Dad's stocking-stuffers.)
I love cold weather. I love bundling up in blankets and cardigans with a cup of cocoa, watching movies or reading a good book. When I was little, I'd make snow forts with my brother and sister, and we'd have snowball fights and look for icicles. I'd really like to have snow for Christmas, so that I can curl up with a fluffy blanket or throw a snowball at my brother. I'd like to see icicles before Christmas, provided they aren't the huge kind that can hurt somebody. That would suck.
I think this colder weather is a good reason to get my Ravenclaw scarf finished. It's really big - I was worried it would be too big, but after having to sleep in a sweatshirt last night, I think it'll come in handy when the snow starts falling. Plus, it's good TV knitting, because it's just a striped Stockinette tube. I only have about half a stripe left to knit, and then all I have to do is weave in the ends and make the fringe.
My dog, Teddy, was just sitting in my lap as I typed that last paragraph. It seems that she wouldn't make a very good novel-writing buddy, because she kept nudging my hands :p Anyhow, I think I'll close now. I hope to write again soon :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment