It started yesterday, when I decided to look for this song on YouTube...
My former karate instructor, Mr. B, used to bring in this mix CD that had 'Mean Street' as the first track, and he'd play it during kickboxing class. I miss his classes - he had great taste in music, and he was a good instructor. Pity he decided to part ways with Mr. P the Jerk, but I can see why Mr. B got fed up.
I should get some Van Halen out of the library. The only Van Halen we have is the live album Right Here, Right Now. I don't know how we came by that - I think Dad might've won it from a radio contest, back when our local rock radio station was still good. Dad used to win a bunch of stuff from that station, but now they're a crap station and we listen to Q107 out of Toronto, and calling in to Q for contests would cost us long-distance charges. But I'm in their online listeners' club, so I can enter draws. Speaking of which, I've entered another draw for an iPod... probably won't win it, though, but it's worth a try, right? I mean, somebody's gotta win.
There used to be this hilarious video on YouTube - well, it was actually just a sound clip and a still image, and it was David Lee Roth singing 'Running With the Devil' in the studio, with no background music because he had the headphones on, I guess. Anyway, I forgot to add it to my favourites or bookmark it, and I haven't been able to find it. It's hilarious, though. I should try looking for it again. If I find it, I'll post it. Actually, I sent the video link to Max in an e-mail, so I should try that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i hate entering drawings for stuff... i mean, yes, somebody's gotta win, but if like 6,000 people enter, it's like, SOMEONE obviously HAS to win, but good heavens if it's going to be me, the chances are so slim...
i'll have to check out the van halen song. not now, though, because i don't feel like it right now... but the name, i do know the band name. if you've ever seen 'the wedding singer', his girlfriend comes back and she's trying to get back with him [i forget his name], and he's like, 'now get out of my van halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up'. :P i love that movie.
Post a Comment