Saturday, February 20, 2010

A trip to Michaels

And once again, I didn't buy yarn.

I did get some beads, though. I got these blue teardrop-shaped glass beads with yellow-green accents in them, some small amber-coloured beads (I can't remember if they're glass or not), these cool metal charms - I think two of them were teapots, two were cups, and one was this cameo thing, and... I can't remember what the other one was - and a pack of findings and wire. I haven't started beading yet, but I'm gonna keep hitting the clearance racks and the sales.

I was going to get yarn, but Mom kinda steered us back to the beads :( Apparently, I can just knit from HER stash to make the punk fingerless gloves I want to make. Even though the pattern says to use Red Heart and Caron. Argh.

Eh... I'll just wait for when Red Heart Super Saver goes on sale. Or I can use the dark green and tan Red Heart that I have... blah... I think that the next time I make a birthday list for Grandpa, I'll put a Michaels gift card on it ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't think I have ever left Michael's with out buying some sort of craft item!The beads sound pretty. Too bad you didn't get some new yarn, I always love buying more, even if I don't have a plan for it!