I'm on my computer today, because I needed to 'tune it up' to get it in fighting shape for NaNoWriMo - basically, I needed to do updates. It's slower than my dad's computer, but it still works fine. That makes me relieved, because the guy at the computer shop told me I'd only get six more months out of my computer when the power supply had to be fixed.
However, there are little things that I miss when using my computer. For instance, my keyboard is clunky and rather gross-looking (I think my brother had spilled Pepsi on it previously - I still need to find a way to clean it), and my mouse has no 'back' button. And you don't realize just how complacent you really are until you hit the 'magnifier glass' button expecting it to take you one page back.
As for knitting, I've been making another dishcloth. I'm in a real 'use up the yarn' mood, starting with my scraps of cotton. I might make myself a hat afterwards (because the only winter hats I have are my knitted hood and a bright orange Thinsulate toque), and I've been thinking of knitting Christmas gifts for people. The selfish side of me doesn't want to, but the generous side does. If I do make something like hats or scarves for people, I might buy new yarn, because my stash is kind of peculiar - I have either a lot of one colour, or not enough. If all else fails, I know my brother would be grateful if I gave him hand-knit dishcloths ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment