That's right, I'm attempting to be witty today.
The holiday weekend went fairly well. Dinner at my grandparents' house was oddly civil (the roast beef was a bit dry, but my mom said that it had to do with the cut of beef my grandfather cooked). Sunday was nice. Thanksgiving Day was nice, too, because I got to eat turkey without the extended family squabbling over something stupid.
And my brother kindly gave me a new computer! Yup, I have a new rig now, and it's excellent. Now I have to get used to Windows 7, which is interesting - I've managed to freak myself out on more than one occasion. But at least I can now participate in National Novel Writing Month without worrying about my computer crashing.
I'm definitely knitting something for my brother for Christmas :) It's the least I can do. I'm thinking of knitting him a hat, because he lost his Noro hat that my mom made for him. I'm also thinking of making something for his girlfriend/fiancee, like convertible mittens - that might be a bit beyond my skill level, though. We'll see. If I can't manage convertible mitts, I can always make her some fingerless mitts.
I'm also thinking of making a scarf for my dad, since his cowl got eaten by moths. I think I'd make a scarf for him out of acrylic, though, so that he won't lose it to insects. That, and acrylic is machine-washable, so he wouldn't have to worry about washing it by hand.
Wow, I have itchy fingers. I should look at patterns...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment