One of my goals for 2011 is to read more. I'm trying to finish up the novels I started a while ago, but I also want to start and finish a good amount of books this year.
Fortunately, Goodreads now has a feature where you can set a goal of how many books you want to read in 2011. Because I read so slowly, I decided on 10 books - Mom recommended that number last night when I told her about the Goodreads feature. I think it's a reasonable enough goal for me, and I can always go past the goal if I think I can.
Speaking of last night, Mom gave me a brief lesson in long division last night. It was late - about 11:00 - so my brain wasn't at its sharpest. But perhaps I'll actually remember what she taught me.
Mom also got out some books on math by Danica McKellar (she played Winnie on Wonder Years). At first I was skeptical about them, because they're written for girls to enjoy math more, so I thought they'd be overly-girly, but I was wrong: I flipped through the middle school math book, Math Doesn't Suck, and it has some useful tips. I know some of the math in Math Doesn't Suck, like factoring numbers in algebra, but I might still use it to brush up on decimals and percents, because I never did work through decimals and our Key Curriculum book on percents got lost somehow.
I cast off the bobble pillow a week or so ago :) It's not quite done yet, though - I have to buy a pillow form yet, and then it'll have to be seamed up. I'm still happy, though, because it's one less project on the needles.
That's all for now. I'll post again soon :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment