I am well and truly bored, so I've decided to write a post while listening to Evanescence. But please bear with me...
I watched Arthur Christmas last night - another DVD borrowed from the library - and really enjoyed it. I think it'll be one Christmas movie I might have to own, because there are so many little things that I might have missed, or barely saw. (You know, like how you miss some of the more subtle jokes in Shrek the first time you see it.) Also, Ashley Jensen voices a very enthusiastic gift-wrapping elf, which makes the movie even awesomer.
What annoyed me yesterday, though, was that I couldn't find Eight Crazy Nights on for the first night of Hanukkah. Usually someone has it on fairly late in the evening (because the subject matter isn't really child-friendly), but nobody had it on. I'm sure someone will have it on before New Year's Day, but I was a bit bummed out that it wasn't on last night.
As far as knitting goes, I'm itching to start another hat - even though I have a sock still on the needles. You see, I have this skein of Red Heart Collage that I want to knit into a slouchy hat, but be damned if I can find a pattern that isn't overly lacy. (The yarn is 100% acrylic, so I can't use a lacy hat pattern unless it's very small lace.) The colour is also a bit of a problem, because it kind of looks like marble, so I need a stitch pattern that will pop well. I'll probably look through books and magazines, or do a swatch of a hat pattern I've been thinking might work with the yarn. It might be a trial-and-error process, but it'll be worth it.
I'm also thinking of digging out my Clapotis and trying to figure out if I can finish it or if I have to rip it back a little first. I started making it for my grandmother after she had a stroke, but when she told my mom and I that she "had enough shawls" (*twitch*) I got a bit discouraged from getting it finished. I've decided that if I'm going to finish it, I'll make it for myself - I love the colour that I'm using for it, anyway.
That's all for now. Hopefully my next post will be more interesting :)
Sunday, December 9, 2012
Bored on a Sunday afternoon
Labels:
Christmas movies,
clapotis,
evanescence,
Hanukkah,
knitting,
Red Heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment