Sorry for the long break between posts. I've been busy recovering from my wisdom teeth surgery.
You might remember me mentioning that I was having my wisdom teeth pulled. Well, on Monday, it happened. Fortunately I was knocked out for the procedure, so i have no memory of it. I remember the events beforehand, but not the actual procedure. I'm glad, because when I'm awake for these kinds of things, I get all panicky.
I'm feeling a lot better than I did Monday afternoon. The swelling in my face has gone down a lot, I can open my mouth enough to chew soft foods, and I can talk somewhat normally. I'm still sore, but not as sore. And I reserved a bunch of manga from the library to keep me occupied while I heal up, and I started a simple garter stitch scarf out of Bernat Boa to keep me from getting too bored. I have called the scarf 'Goldfish scarf' on Ravelry, because I'm knitting it on a larger gauge than what the yarn label calls for, and it looks lacy and fish-scale-like. I also found out that, when I was swatching for this scarf, my 5.5mm circular needle is actually a 7mm (?!). I was surprised and kind of bummed out. But the needle was on sale, so it might've been a mistake in the packaging.
In other news, I had to take Hereafter back without finishing it. I'm disappointed, but I can always get it out of the library another time. I started reading a Tamora Pierce book, though - Tris's Book, the second in the Circle of Magic quartet. I didn't feel much like reading any of my other books, because they were all either very big, or urban fantasy books, or dystopians. And I didn't feel like reading dystopia or urban fantasy. I'm only a page and a bit into the book, because I was quite tired yesterday - when I was watching Lorna Doone, I'd lost the energy to knit. Can you believe that?! But anyway, back to the book. I've been meaning to read a Tamora Pierce book for a while, so it's kind of refreshing to read one of her books after so long - I think the last one I read all the way through was Emperor Mage, and that was at least a year ago, if not two.
I should probably get off the computer and eat soon :p I'll post pictures of the scarf when it's finished, I hope!
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad that you are recovering well... when I had my wisdom teeth out, it sure was a bitch!
Post a Comment