Friday, July 22, 2011
The temperature is too damn high!
Yup. It's bloody hot.
Fortunately, we had the AC on, and we turned the TV off because it was throwing too much heat, and instead we had the radio on. I read a little bit of I Capture the Castle, too. Boy, do I love AC...
I've not done much knitting, except for a headband for House Cup. I may post a picture sometime. It turned out nicely, and I still have a bit of cotton leftover. I've got itchy fingers, though, so I may start something else out of cotton to keep me busy - I need to destash anyway. I was going to start a hat, but the yarn I want to use is wool so I may leave that for autumn. I have bits and bobs of cotton to use up, though, so I might make a scrap-cloth.
I have something else to keep me busy: a book is waiting for me to pick up at the library. Trouble is, it's 407 pages long, so I'm worried I won't be able to read it. I have three weeks with the book, though, so we'll see. I may be stuck in the house if the heat keeps up, so it'll be nice to have a new book to read.
Luckily, it's cooler today than it was yesterday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for rain...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel your pain... it's been 105 here today and I'm dying.
Post a Comment