I'm almost done reading Blood and Chocolate.
It's about time, too. I started it a couple of summers ago and just couldn't sit and read it. But for the past month I've made a point of trying to finish it. Now I have about five pages left. Now, to finish Harry Potter 6, and I Capture the Castle...
I think I've decided to read historical fiction when I'm finished with Blood and Chocolate. There's a book that the library has called Crossing Stones by Helen Frost, which is set at the start of the first World War, and I added it to my to-read list on Ravelry and my booklist thing on my library's website, but never got around to reserving it. So, when I've finished Blood and Chocolate, I'm going to reserve it, I think. I also really want to read books I own that my parents got for me at Indigo, and some that I bought with gift cards from my grandparents.
Also, I really want to read some science fiction. This is partly due to the fact that I have a sci-fi story idea that I'm planning, so I want to familiarize myself with the genre. I've watched sci-fi, but have never read any. It would certainly be an interesting change from fantasy novels.
For traditional sci-fi, I'm planning on reading Starship Troopers, and for more of the YA sci-fi, I'd like to read Across the Universe, The Water Wars, and a few others. I'm also interested in dystopian fiction, so I plan to read some of that as well.
So: science fiction, dystopia, historical fiction... got any favourites? Feel free to comment :)
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Almost finished...
Labels:
Blood and Chocolate,
books,
dystopia,
historical fiction,
reading,
science fiction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment